Transition and Family Relations Staff
The mission of the Transition and Family Relations program is to provide a seamless integration of the curricular and co-curricular experiences in order to promote academic engagement and success through connection, growth, and thriving of self, others, and community.
Throughout your first year, a variety of curricular and co-curricular opportunities will enhance your intellectual, social and cultural experiences and help you develop into a global citizen. The First Year Experience is comprised of several programs designed to help you make a smooth transition and achieve these personal goals:
- Texan Orientation,
- Residential College and
- Learning Communities
We are also a support/service program established to build lasting, quality relationships between the student, parent, and university. Our goal is to properly inform parents and to help them better understand student life at Tarleton State University. We achieve our goals for this program through our Tarleton Parents Association, our web site, Orientation, Family Weekend, and more.
- assist parents/families in understanding the student social experience
- advise parents/families on assisting students with university transition
- educate parents/families on the benefit of campus involvement
- expose parents/families to university benefits for their student
- understand the role parents/families play as mentors to their students
Office: TSC 201
Senior Residential & Transition Coordinator
Office: TSC 201