Job Fair Listings
Job Fairs are an excellent opportunity to speak to employers about career trends and potential employment opportunities. Listed below are the job fairs hosted at Tarleton plus others in the area.
NOTE: Tarleton Job Fairs are listed first, followed by job fairs at other locations.
|Tarleton Job Fairs|
|Summer Camp Job Fair||Feb. 17||TSC Foyer||10am - 2:00pm|
|Diversity Employment Day Career Fair||Feb. 19||Holiday Inn Conference Center-North Dallas at Preston||11:00am-3:00pm|
|Spring Job Fair||March 4, 2015||TSC Ballrooms||10:00am - 2:00pm|
|Crandall Independent School District Teacher Job Fair||March 21, 2015||Crandall High School||9:00am-12:00pm|
|Teacher Job Fair||April 1, 2015||TSC Ballrooms||10:00am-12:00pm|
|Science, Technology, & Healthcare Expo||April 7, 2015||TSC Ballrooms||10:00am - 12:00pm|
This year, Career Services will be hosting a Breakfast Mixer prior to the Fall and Spring Job Fairs. Targeted senior level majors will be invited.
* Teacher Employer Panel- Join us 1 hour prior to the Teacher Job Fair in TSC 27 for an opportunity for students to ask questions of the employers on the panel.
Student Tips for Attending Job Fairs
- Dress appropriately and remember to bring copies of your resume.
- Know your resume and your background so you are able to tell an employer what you have to offer.
- Introduce yourself to employer representatives in a positive and confident manner. Smile, project enthusiasm and offer a firm handshake.
- Ask questions about career opportunities, specific job openings and the organization.
- Listen effectively. An employer representative may be able to refer you to another person who is better able to assist you.
- Collect company literature and business cards so you may follow up later.
- In addition to providing interviewing opportunities, job fairs will offer you the chance to network and build contacts. Keep track of the people you speak to and follow up with a thank you note.
- Ask about internship opportunities.