2013 Region II-2A Track & Field Championships - Entry Information
MEET REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 11:00PM ON APRIL THE 22nd!
All District Meet Directors and Coaches of qualified athletes should read this carefully. A copy of this information should be given to coaches of all qualifiers.
REVISED ENTRY PROCEDURES:
1. a. DISTRICT MEET DIRECTORS SEND DISTRICT RESULTS TO THE TSU TRACK OFFICE: District Meet Directors MUST send a complete set of results from your district meet to the TSU Track Office so that they arrive in the TSU Track Office by Noon, Monday, April 22, 2013. Fax or emailed copies are permissible. These results are to be sent DIRECTLY to the TSU Track Office, NOT to the Regional Athletic Director or the Regional Director. Insure time/distance/height and finishing place for the district meet are included in the results. See appropriate address and fax number of meet director on the final page of these instructions.
b. COACHES OF QUALIFYING ATHLETES MUST ENTER THEIR ATHLETES ON THE DIRECT ATHLETICS MEET ENTRY WEBSITE. The coach of each qualifying athlete must enter their athlete(s) in the appropriate event(s) on the web-based meet entry service DirectAthletics.com no later than Monday, April 22 at 11:59 pm. Coaches must enter athlete’s performances from Area meets for seeding purposes. See the attached instructions for use of the DirectAthletics entry service.
2. QUALIFIERS WHO CANNOT COMPETE: A coach who has a qualifier who cannot compete in the region meet MUST contact THE DIRECTOR OF HIS/HER DISTRICT MEET no later than Monday, April 22 before noon. It is also the responsibility of this coach to contact the coach of the next alternate and inform them of the open position.
3. ALTERNATES WHO MOVE INTO QUALIFYING POSITIONS: Coaches of alternates who have been moved up to qualifying positions must call THE DIRECTOR OF THE DISTRICT MEET to declare that their athlete will compete. The meet director will enter confirmed alternates after the final entry confirmation by district/area meet directors
4. FINAL ENTRY CONFIRMATION PROCEDURES: THE DIRECTOR OF THE DISTRICT MEET must email the TSU Track Office email@example.com between 8:00 a.m.-noon on Tuesday, April 23 to make final declarations of all entries from your district/area. THE DISTRICT MEET DIRECTOR MUST CALL TO CONFIRM ENTRIES EVEN IF THERE ARE NO CHANGES! Any changes in qualifiers on the official entry list will be made at this time. INDIVIDUAL COACHES OF ALTERNATES MAY NOT CALL IN CHANGES. CHANGES CAN ONLY BE MADE BY THE DISTRICT MEET DIRECTOR!!! It is the coach’s responsibility to inform the District Meet Director of any changes due to ineligibility, injury, etc. It is the District Meet Directors responsibility to report ALL changes from your District to the TSU Track Office on Monday, April 22 at 11:00PM. REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE AT 11:00PM ON APRIL THE 22nd . It is the meet director’s responsibility to add confirmed alternates to the entry list after this confirmation process. NO CHANGES WILL BE ACCEPTED EXCEPT AT THIS EMAIL IN TIME!
THERE WILL BE NO CHANGES MADE ON MEET DAY because of someone's failure to notify the district meet director of a change or due to the district meet director's failure to notify or send in district results to the TSU Track Office. All correspondence concerning the Region II-2A Track & Field Meet needs to be sent directly to the TSU Track Office.
6. A time schedule and meet information sheet is enclosed.
7. A copy of all of this information should be given to coaches of all qualifiers by the District Meet Director at the district or area meet.
(Note new implement weigh-in location and times)
The Oscar Frasier Track stadium is located on Harbin Street inside of the football stadium. The track is an eight-lane EurotanWS surface with jumping events and throwing events located just outside the stadium.
EACH COACH SHOULD CAREFULLY REVIEW ALL PROCEDURES AND TIME SCHEDULES OUTLINED HERE. DO NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS BASED UPON PAST EXPERIENCE. THINGS MAY HAVE CHANGED!
COACHES' MEETINGS: We will have MANDATORY coaches' meetings according to the following schedule in the classrooms in the TSU Student Recreation Center the building on the north east end of the Oscar Frasier track) at 600 Rome Street on the campus of Tarleton State:
-Thursday, April 25, 6pm
All meet information will be reviewed and questions answered at this meeting. We intend to have heats and flights available to hand out to you at this time.
WARM-UPS AND PARTICIPANT ENTRY/EXIT OF THE TRACK: No one except officials and athletes participating in an event will be allowed on the infield.
The general warm-up area will be on the intramural field located behind the scoreboard. The athlete should check in at the staging area 15 minutes before their scheduled race to get the hip number. The athletes will be called from the pre-staging area into the stadium approximately 2 races prior to their race for entry into the stadium. The athletes will be lined up on the hill in the order of their respective lanes in their competition uniforms. (They will need to remove all warm-ups, sweats, etc. and have their competition shoes on). While this tent will be manned by official personnel at all times, please advise your athletes not to leave any valuables in this area. THIS POLICY WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED! Your team will risk disqualification if this policy is not followed. All athletes in an event group will be brought to the stadium together.
From this staging tent, the athletes will be escorted into the stadium, take a few final warm-up strides on the track and proceed directly to their respective starting line. NO ATHLETE WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE START LINE WITHOUT A HIP NUMBER and numbers will NOT be given at the start line. The athletes must go through the staging tent in order to receive a hip number. As soon as the race is completed, the athletes will be escorted out of the stadium by going directly out the main gate under the scoreboard back to the staging tent to retrieve their warm-ups, sweats, shoes, etc. The athletes will NOT be allowed to remain in the stadium after their race, even to retrieve any items left inside the stadium, thus it is imperative that they enter the track ready to go to the line.
TRACK WARM-UPS: The track will be available for general warm-ups from 10:00am –3:00 pm on Friday and from 10:00am – 1:30 pm on Saturday. After those times, the track will close, anyone remaining in the stadium not in a field event will be asked to leave and the athletes must retire to the bleachers or to the warm-up area outside the stadium.
ENTRY GATE: Coaches ad athletes are asked to enter the gate on the WEST side of the stadium. The gates that will be open for spectators will be on the press box side (east and west side).
RUNNING QUALIFYING: In the running events with preliminaries, the top three heat winners plus the next five fastest times shall advance to the finals. The lane assignments for the preliminary heats will be randomly drawn.
LANE ASSIGNMENTS FOR FINALS: The lane assignments for the finals of the running events will be based upon the following formula:
Lane One Seventh Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Two Fifth Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Three Third Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Four Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Five Second Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Six Fourth Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Seven Sixth Fastest Preliminary Time
Lane Eight Eighth Fastest Preliminary Time
FIELD EVENT QUALIFYING AND OPENING HEIGHTS: The top eight preliminary performances in the horizontal jumps and throws will advance to the finals and will be arranged in reverse order (with the best performance last). Starting heights in the vertical jumps will be as follows:
Boys High Jump: TBD Girls High Jump: TBD Boys Pole Vault: TBD Girls Pole Vault TBD
The high jump will progress in two-inch increments while the pole vault will progress in six-inch increments.
POLE VAULTER WEIGH-IN: PLEASE NOTE: THE UIL REQUIRES THAT ALL VAULTERS BE WEIGHED AT THE MEET AND VAULT ON THE CORRESPONDING APPROPRIATE SIZE POLE! SCHEDULE FOR VAULTERS WEIGH IN- Vaulters (Boys and Girls) must report to the implement weigh-in area at their respective times. An official will escort the group to the scales.
THROWING and HIGH JUMPEVENTS: The throwing and high jump areas are located at the North east area of stadium. A 34.92 degree sector is used at the meet. After the competition please remove all marks. Please instruct your athletes and fans NO SUNFLOWER seeds on the HIGH APRON!
IMPLEMENT WEIGH-IN: Located on the North side of Memorial Stadium. All implements will be checked in and measured. You will be allowed to bring both implements to weigh-in. Legal implements will be marked and ushered to the proper circle by an official 45 minutes prior to the start of the event. Implements that do not weigh in will be impounded. After the competition is over, it is the athlete’s responsibility to check-out their implements from an official. Please follow the weigh-in schedule to prevent any delays.
Friday: Session #1: 7:00 – 8:45am (Boys Discus)
Session #2 7:00-10:45am (Girls Discus
Saturday: Session #3: 7:00 – 8:45 am (Boys Shot)
Session #4: 7:00-10:45:am (Girls Shot)
PACKET PICK UP: Coaches should pick up packets on Thursday at the Coaches Meeting.
ADMISSION: Ticket prices for spectators will be $8.00 for adults and $5.00 for students a two day pass available for $12.00 for adults and $8.00 for students. Contestant with numbers, two coaches, and one trainer will be admitted free.
RESULTS: Results and qualifiers for finals for all events will be posted as soon as they are available on the southeast wall of the west side concession stand and in the media room. They will also be available on our website (www.tarleton.edu) following the conclusion of the meet on Friday and Saturday. Click on visitors and community icon and search for UIL competition.
AWARD PRESENTATIONS: Awards for all event finals will be given out immediately after the event is completed. Please have you athlete report to the awards stand. We will not hold up awards ceremonies if athletes do not show up and awards will NOT be mailed. Please inform your athletes of this procedure. Athletes who are to receive awards in the field events (top three) will need to stay with the field officials at the event site from where they will be escorted into the stadium to the awards stand.
SEATING: No seating will be allowed on the grass inclines or along the concrete walls that line the track. One warning will be given, after that your team will risk disqualification. Please adhere to this policy. All seating must be in the stadium bleachers.
DRESSING AREA: None available. The Field house at the south end of the track will be OFF LIMITS to all athletes, even in the case of inclement weather. Bathrooms will be available at the top of the stadium on both sides.
PARKING: Parking is available adjacent to the stadium. All Team parking/Buses, and or vans are instructed to park on the WEST side of the stadium on Harbin Street.
UIL MEET RULES: The first and second place finishers in each event qualify for the State Meet.
Contestants must report on time in order to be entered in any event.
No excuse shall be accepted for failure of a team or contestant to appear at the time announced for the event to start. Forfeiture: Any contestant who fails for any reason to be on hand at the time of the preliminaries shall forfeit the right to compete in the preliminaries and the finals of that event. UIL Plan Section 1320-J. All prelims will be drawn by computer and run against time.
PROTESTS: Any protests must be filed IN WRITING and within 30 minutes of the official results for that event being posted and/or announced. Protests may be given to the meet referee located on the infield. The written protest will be taken from there to the meet referee for a decision. If your protest is not in writing or not filed within the 30 minute time frame following that particular event, it will be automatically disallowed. Protest sheets will be provided in your team packets.
SPECIAL MEET RULES: 1. No radios or portable stereos will be allowed in the Memorial Stadium Track or Field Event area. Please remind your athletes of this policy. NO USE OF ELECTRONIC DEVICES ARE NOT ALLOWED IN ANY COMPETITION AREA! 2. In case of inclement weather, please have your athletes move into the Student Recreation Center building. 3. Team Camps will be on the WEST side of the Memorial Stadium or on the intramural fields near the warm up area.
RELAY CARDS: If any name on your relay (primary or alternate) has changed from your web-based entry prior to the meet, have your anchor leg turn in a relay card (provided in your team packet) at the staging tent on the first call. This is to confirm the names of the relay members in accordance with UIL rules. If your relay team qualifies for the state meet, you must declare the names of your possible six runners on the UIL website by Thursday following the regional meet.
T-SHIRTS: Commemorative T-Shirts will be on sale at the meet both Friday and Saturday for $15 each.
MEDIA ACCESS: The Press Box will serve as the media headquarters. Results will be posted after each race on the North side of the press box. Please inform any media from your area of this policy. Media will be allowed in the infield by credential only and must confine themselves within the “media lines” on the football field. Media access to telephones and additional work space will be provided in the Memorial Stadium press box upon request; however, official results will not be provided in the press box.
TIME SCHEDULE: SEE SEPARATE PAGE
All meet results, correspondence and/or questions should be sent to:Pat Ponder
Head Track & Field Coach
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76401
DIRECT ATHLETICS ENTRY PROCEDURES ARE BELOW.
How to Submit Entries - Track & Field
STEP 1 - ACCESSING YOUR DIRECTATHLETICS ACCOUNT
Each coach must have a DirectAthletics username and password for his/her team. If you don't know your username and password, click HERE. You will use the same account to enter all meets run through DirectAthletics.
**NOTE ABOUT MEN'S AND WOMEN'S ACCOUNTS: You control only one gender at time, so you will complete the below steps for your Men, and then switch to your Women's team and repeat the process (or vice versa). The team you are controlling is listed on the blue navigation bar across the top of your account, for example:
Sport: Track & Field Team: Guilford (M)
This indicates that you are controlling the Guilford MEN'S team (M=MEN). To switch to your Women's team, you would select "Guilford (W)".
STEP 2--SETTING UP YOUR ONLINE ROSTER
Before entering an athlete into a meet, you must add all attending athletes to your roster. If an athlete is already on your roster (from previous seasons or meets) you do not need to add him/her again.
1) Upon logging in, click the TEAM tab. (New users will automatically be in the TEAM module)
2) If you have used DirectAthletics before, you will see your existing athletes on your roster. New Users should click the green "Add Athletes" link.
3) Click the green "Add Athletes" link under the Team Roster header. Select an approximate number of athletes you would like to add (you can add more at any time).
4) Enter your athletes' First Name, Last Name, and School Year and click "Submit".
5) You may add, edit or delete athletes on your Team Roster at anytime by clicking the TEAM tab. To add athletes, click the green "Add Athletes" link at any time. To delete or edit athletes, check the box to the left of each athlete(s) and then click the red "Delete Selected" link or the blue "Edit Selected" link respectively.
STEP 3--SUBMITTING ONLINE MEET ENTRIES
Once your athletes are added to your roster, you must submit your entries.
1) In the HOME tab (under Upcoming Meets) or in the SCHEDULE tab, click the green Register button next to the meet you wish to enter.
2) If prompted, choose an entry method. We HIGHLY Recommend using the NEW, "Enter by Athlete" method.
3) Follow onscreen instructions for submitting your entries. You will see a running tally of your entries on the right side of your screen.
4) When you are finished with your entries, click the "Finish" link.
5) You will see a list of your current, submitted entries. Click the appropriate link to receive an EMAIL confirmation or a PRINTABLE confirmation.
6) To edit your existing entries, click the blue Edit Entries button next to the meet name on your Upcoming Meets or complete Schedule.