MET 4363
Home

 

 


MET 4363 – PRODUCTION PLANNING – SUMMER 2000


Dr. L.M. Roderick (968-9014); e-mail: roderick@tarleton.edu   TEXT: None: Notes $3


Course Description & Objectives: A study of the principles and practice used in the design and maintenance of production operations and inventory systems. These include forecasting techniques, inventory models, production control models, and assembly line balancing.
CLASS    DATE               TOPIC                                                  EXAM
1          6-5                  Introduction                                                          -
2          6-6                  Forecasting                                                         -
3          6-7                  Planning & Scheduling                                      1
4          6-8                  Planning & Scheduling                                      2
5          6-12                MRP                                                                     3
6          6-13                MRP                                                                     4
7          6-14                JIT                                                                         5
8          6-15                EOQ Models/Lot Sizing                                    6
9          6-19                Inventory Management                                       7
10        6-20               Sequencing & Scheduling                                  8
11        6-21                " "        & Project Planning                                  9
12        6-22                Project Planning                                               10
13        6-26                Synchronous Manufacturing                             11
14        6-27                Other Topics In Production Planning              12
15        6-28                Other Topics                                                        --
16        6-29                FINAL (Thursdayl, June 29, 2000; 5:00 pm, Optional & Comprehensive)

Grade Calculation: 10 of 12 Grades @ 10% each (the 2 lowest grades will be dropped).
Grading:


A     89.5-100
B     79.5-89.4
C     69.5-79.4
D     59.5-69.4
F     Below 59.5


NO makeup exams are allowed. Missed exam(s) will be the "dropped" grade(s).
Final: A comprehensive final (optional) will be given for those students desiring to raise their grade. The final will count as 25% of the final grade, with the other 10 daily exams counting as 75% of the final grade. The final will not lower your grade.