Chapter 6 Notes
Internal/external begins with recruiting plan.
· In an ideal world with unlimited resources, the best (internal/external) recruiting strategy would be targeted system.
· Job postings = higher user satisfaction when efficient = matching employees and original market.
· Good job description, good job notification, procedures, good treatment during interview.
· Skills inventories require a user-friendly database.
· Traditional = vertical
· Alternative = creative paths
ü parallel = lateral
ü universal/matrix = move in any direction
Make work more meaningful:
· Reward system alternatives
· Alternate employment agents
· Job counseling
Closed Internal Recruiting:
· Not costly to implement
· Limited employees who know
· Very efficient
Internal Recruitment Messages
· Traditional messages work internally; vertical mobility paths make it easy.
· Use job requirements and rewards matrices.
· Internal recruiting messages requires the same effort as external message; same record keeping