The Environmental Services division's primary responsibility is to provide a clean working environment for students, staff, faculty and visitors to the Tarleton State University campus. Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to cooperate in maintaining building cleanliness and strongly urges patrons to participate in the following:
- Dispose of trash, waste, confidential materials, and recycled products in containers provided in offices and common areas.
- Call the Custodial main office to report spills or leaks. (We ask that the reporting individual cover the area with paper towels to absorb the spill and to identify these areas to fellow employees to avoid any subsequent safety issues.)
- Blood spills and human waste incidents should be reported to Environmental Services immediately. Do not attempt to clean these areas, but notify fellow employees to avoid the area.
- Clear desks, shelving, tables, countertops and window areas of all objects to insure thorough cleaning.
- Do not use floor areas for storage for items such as paper products, equipment or personal items.
- Do not use trash cans as a storage area for papers, folders or umbrellas. Identify boxes and papers that are to be discarded.
- Please remember, Custodial personnel are not permitted to perform personal or unauthorized services such as running errands, making coffee, delivery services, etc.
Any questions, please call 254-968-9260.
Service Requests (Work Order) Process
Service Request (Work Orders) should be submitted through our new web based program.
A service request may originate from anyone on campus; however, all accounts on the forms should be approved by the budgetary authority in each department.
A link to the Work Order Request System is located on the left of this page. Please click the link and follow instructions shown on the page to start your service request.
You may create a shortcut to this page on your desktop.
- Custodial personnel perform routine cleaning of most buildings from 4:00 a.m. through 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Other areas are cleaned and services are provided from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Requests for custodial services for special events may be handled through written work requests.
- The work request should be submitted at least one week prior to the scheduled event.
- These requests are billed on an overtime basis at the originating department’s expense.
- Charges of this nature will be paid by departmental transfers.
- We also perform moving services for departments as well as disposal of confidential materials.
- These services will require a work request.