Return to Top
eTravel enables you to spend less time arranging travel, maintaining receipts and preparing expense reports.
- Access: Travelers will login through the Texas A&M University System SSO menu to access the eTravel system. Approvals will be done in eTravel instead of on paper.
- Traveler Profile : Allows travelers to maintain current mileage reward programs, frequent flier miles, hotel rewards and other travel preferences.
- Preapproval: Preapprovals will allow you to estimate expenses and seek supervisor approval prior to taking a trip. This will ensure that funds have been encumbered and trips have been approved. This will replace the paper travel request. Authorization Request are only required by the fiscal office for the following reasons: 1. Airfare is being booked in Concur 2. State funds are being used to travel and 3. Any foreign travel
- Booking Online: Through My Concur page, travelers can quickly and simultaneously book local and international flights, cars, and hotels from one single tool knowing it’s within the Texas A&M University System and Tarleton policies. Travelers will now have the complete inventory of travel services offered in one spot instead of going to multiple travel service sites for comparison shopping. This includes Southwest and Jet Blue airlines.
- Travel Agency: TAMUS has contracted with Shorts travel to provide and deliver comprehensive, client specific travel management services faster, cheaper and with a personal touch. Because of their flexibility, dedication, and attention to detail, the traveler can be assured their travel needs have been met. Travelers will also have access to Shorts Travel Agency’s contracts to help save money. Shorts Travel Agency is available 24/7.
- Integrated business rules: Integrated business rules are integrated with both the booking and expense reporting solution which will alert the traveler/bookkeeper if further approval is required or a certain expense is not allowed.
- Reimbursement for Travel: Expense reports are seamless and easy to fill out. With the touch of a button, you can attach e-receipts and card charges to your expense report leaving just a few additional expenses to key in. And the approval process is electronic. You will be able to track where your expense report is sitting and whether or not it has been authorized. Made a mistake? Not an issue. The approver can electronically return the report to you with a note to make corrections. Once approved by Business Services travel staff, the report is loaded into the accounting system for quicker reimbursements to the traveler.