Return to Top
Welcome to the Tarleton TExES website!
News and Events
Paper-Based Testing Information (see link on right for tests only offered by paper)
- The next paper-based test administration is June 8, 2013.
Computer Testing Information
- Some tests are offered continuously by computer (CAT) and others are only offered by computer on specific 4-day windows (Limited-Administration CAT). The Limited-Administration (CAT) windows are listed below. Please go to the "About the TExES Exams" link to find the routes by which the TExES exams are offered.
- Only students who have been given prior permission to take a test by computer may submit a request to test. All requests must be submitted in a timely manner and according to program guidelines.
- All requests to test will be processed in as timely a manner as possible.
Limited-Administration (CAT) Test Windows (see link on right for tests offered by Limited-Admin. CAT)
- June 19-22, 2013 (submit request form by May 10, 2013)
- August 21-24, 2013 (submit request form by July 19, 2013)
- You must submit your request to test form to the TMATE Coordinator. Please DO NOT send your form directly to the Coordinator for Certification Testing.
Important Test Day Reminders!!
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to start time!
- Take your admission ticket!
- Take two forms of ID (Driver's license & Tarleton ID)
- DO NOT take your cell phone in the test center! Leave in car!
- DO NOT take study materials in the test center!
- DO NOT take food in the test center!
- 2012-2013 TExES Test Approval Request Form
- Paper-based (PBT) tests (2012-2013)
- Limited-Admin. CAT tests (2012-2013)
- Computer-administered (CAT) tests (continuous) 2012-2013
- Educational Testing Services (ETS)
- Texas Education Agency (TEA)
- Computer Testing Video (CAT Test Day Experience)
- BTLPT Spanish Test Video
- Study guides for the TExES exams
- Study guide for the Family & Consumer Science exam