Welcome to the Teacher Education Program
News and Events
The official channel for University communication is a student's go.tarleton.edu email account. Students should expect all correspondence to be conducted through this method.
Change in admission requirements Fall 2014 - the GPA requirement has been raised to a 2.75 in all areas.
Students must be admitted to the Teacher Education Program before they will be allowed to take any additional professional development courses beyond EDU 320/ EDUC 3320.
Spring 2015 Seminars on How to Apply to the Teacher Education Program
These will be conducted in your PD I class on the following days:
|010||Pate||MW||7:45am - 8:50am||EDU 203||Wednesday, January 14|
|020||Pate||MW||11:00am - 12:15pm||EDU 203||Wednesday, January 14|
|030||Clark-Goff||TR||9:25am - 10:40am||EDU 203||Tuesday, January 20|
|040||Clark-Goff||TR||1:15pm - 2:30pm||EDU 203||Tuesday, January 20|
|050||Pate||M||6:00pm - 9:00pm||EDU 203||Monday, January 12|
|090||Becker||T||5:30pm - 7:50pm||Fort Worth||TBA|
Spring 2015 Due Dates
- Interdisciplinary Studies deadline to submit Request for Degree Evaluation and Certificate Plan - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - January 28, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Studies deadline to sign up for Departmental Screening - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - February 6, 2015
- Final day to turn in applications - February 16, 2015
- Interdisciplinary Studies Departmental Screening (Interview & Writing) - See www.tarleton.edu/teachered - February 7, 11, 12, or 13, depending on campus
- Last day to submit test scores - May 8, 2015
- Last day to submit transfer grades - May 15, 2015
- Council will vote and admission letters will be mailed out - June 5, 2015
The goals of the Tarleton State University Teacher Education Program are to develop teachers who:
- possess appropriate knowledge and abilities in specific content areas or teaching fields;
- communicate effectively with students, parents, and other professionals;
- apply the principles of instructional planning in the development of curriculum;
- utilize effective teaching practices;
- formally and informally evaluate student performance and use the results of such assessment in the instructional decision-making process;
- promote critical thinking and participatory citizenship;
- are skilled in the use of instructional technology;
- are proficient in mathematical skills;
- operate within the legal guidelines and uphold the ethics of the teaching field;
- demonstrate concern for the general welfare of the student; and
- are committed to continued professional growth and development.