In this module, we will examine how to relate the observations made by an observer in one reference frame for objects moving at speeds much less than the speed of light to those observations made by observers in other reference frames. The equations that relate these measurements are the Galilean Transformations.
- Printable Outline of Notes (pdf)
- Position Transformation - Video
- Velocity Transformation Part 1 (pg 54 - 62) - Video
- Velocity Transformation Part 2 (pg 54 - 62) - Video
- Acceleration Transformation - Video
Physics Web Links
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics