The Electric Potential
In this module, we develop the concept of electrical potential (Voltage) and how it can be used to understand a wide range of electrostatic phenomena.
- Electric Field Notes - Pdf
- Work and the Electric Force - Video
- Electric Potential Energy - Video
- Definition of Electric Potential - Video
- Going Between Electrical Potential & Electric Field - Video
- Electrical Potential For Point Charges - Video
- Equipotential Surfaces - Video
- Conductors and Electric Potential - Video
- Energy Measured in Electron Volts - Video
- Electrical Potential Energy Stored For A Collection of Point Charges - Video
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Electricity & Magnetism"
- 2. MIT Electric Fields - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Static Electricity) Video 28
- 4. Ginacoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton-Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics