In this module, we discuss how to analyze DC circuits involving batteries, resistors, and capacitors using Kirchhoff's Laws as well as our definitions of parallel, series, short, and open circuits.
- Notes - Pdf
- RC Notes Part 1 - Pdf
- RC Notes Part 2 - Pdf
- Analyzing A Simple DC Circuit (Only One Power Supply) - Video
- Kirchhoff's Voltage Law (Conservation of Energy) - Video
- Kirchhoff's Current Law (Conservation of Charge) - Video
- Analyzing A Multi-Supply DC Circuit - Video
- Series RC Circuit (Charging Part 1) - Video
- Series RC Circuit (Charging Part 2) - Video
- Series RC Circuit (Discharging) - Video
Physics Website Links
- 1. Khan Academy Lesson On "Electricity & Magnetism"
- 2. MIT Electric Fields - More Advanced Material
- 3. Mechanical Universe (Static Electricity) Video 28
- 4. Giancoli Textbook Website
Tarleton Physics Links
Click on on one of the graphic icons and explore our website further to see what makes physics at Tarleton unique!!
One of the best equipped undergraduate programs in the US!!
- 32" Telescope
- Tandem Accelerator
- Electron Microscope
- X-ray Diffraction System
- Leybold CT System
- Laser Facility
Specialty tracks to match your career needs:
- Medical Physics - Pre-Med, Pre-Dental, Pre-Pharmacy, etc.
- High School Teaching - Math/Physics or Physics/Chemistry
- Nuclear Engineering/Nuclear Physics (Tarleton - Texas A&M Partnership)
- Classical Track - Get a Second Degree in Math, Computer Science, Chemistry, Business, etc. or Prepare for Law School
We offer our students courses not generally found at smaller institutions like:
- Computational Physics
- Medical Physics I & II
- Microwave Theory
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid State Physics
- Principles of Nuclear Engineering
- Nuclear Reactor Theory
- Graduate Quantum Mechanics
- Graduate Mechanics