Admission Requirements for RN to BSN Students (Offered Only at the Fort Worth Campus)
1. Completion of 59 general education requirements from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. These courses are to be completed prior to the first class day.
2. Associate degree or diploma from a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Graduates from non-accredited institutions may request special consideration. A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for these nursing courses.
3. Hold a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States and be eligible for unencumbered licensure in Texas. Proof of unencumbered current Texas license must be demonstrated by the start of course work. New graduates with a GN permit may be considered for conditional acceptance for the 3 or 4 semester program option. The conditional acceptance will be converted to full acceptance if an unencumbered licensure is achieved during the first semester of the program.
4. Basic statistics course with a grade of “C” or better (included in the required prerequisite courses).
5. Three letters of recommendation from professional representatives (not friends or relatives). Ask the individual writing the letter to attest to your academic performance and aptitude, ability to perform in a leadership role, and potential to achieve the objectives of the bachelor’s degree. May use the recommendation form from the nursing website.
Admission Process for RN to BSN Students
Applications are due June 1 for Fall semester entry and November 1 for Spring semester entry
Applications submitted outside the dates will not be processed
- To be considered for the program admission the individual MUST meet admission requirements and submit application materials to Tarleton and the Department of Nursing by the specified timeframe/deadline. Application to the nursing program is separate from and in addition to the application to Tarleton. Acceptance by Tarleton and the Department of Nursing is required.
- Apply to Tarleton State University. Application is online (through Apply Texas); links to the application are available via the website www.tarleton.edu. This process includes submission of official transcripts and a nonrefundable fee.
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to the Admissions Office at Tarleton State University, Box T-0620, Stephenville, TX 76402 or to the Southwest Metroplex Center Fort Worth location in person or by mail. This process includes a nonrefundable fee of $30.
- Apply to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University. The Department of Nursing paper application materials are available in the Nursing Office and on this webpage. This process also includes a nonrefundable fee of $35.
- Submit completed and signed Department of Nursing application form, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation, and the application fee to the Nursing Office. Materials may be mailed to of Nursing Office or to the Southwest Metroplex Center. Materials may also be submitted in person at either location.
Applications submitted after the deadline or without the application fee (cashier's check or money order only) will not be considered.
Department of Nursing Address
Department of Nursing
Stephenville, Texas 76402
254-968-9139 (General Office Number)
Southwest Metroplex Center (Fort Worth)
Tarleton State University
H. Hickman Building Suite 500
6777 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX, 76116.
817-732-7300 (General Office Number)