Admission Requirements for RN to BSN Students
1. Completion of 59 general education requirements from a regionally accredited institution with a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. These courses are to be completed prior to the first class day.
2. Associate degree or diploma from a nursing program accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). Graduates from non-accredited institutions may request special consideration. A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required for these nursing courses.
3. Hold a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States and be eligible for unencumbered licensure in Texas. Proof of unencumbered current Texas license must be demonstrated by the start of course work.
4. Basic statistics course with a grade of “C” or better (included in the required prerequisite courses).
5. Three letters of recommendation from professional representatives (not friends or relatives). Ask the individual writing the letter to attest to your academic performance and aptitude, ability to perform in a leadership role, and potential to achieve the objectives of the bachelor’s degree. May use the recommendation form from the nursing website.
Admission Process for RN to BSN Students
Applications due May 1 for Fall Entry and November 1 for Spring Entry
applications will be accepted until august 1 for fall 2013
Applications submitted outside the dates will not be processed
1. Apply to Tarleton State University. Application is online (through Apply Texas); links to the application are available via the website www.tarleton.edu. This process includes submission of official transcripts and a nonrefundable fee.
2. Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended to TSU Office of the Registrar at Tarleton State University, Box T-0620, Stephenville, TX 76402 or to the Southwest Metroplex Center Fort Worth location in person or by mail.
3. Apply to the Department of Nursing at Tarleton State University. The Department of Nursing paper application materials are available in the Nursing Office or on this webpage. This process also includes a nonrefundable fee.
Submit completed Department of Nursing application form, resume, and 3 letters of recommendation, and the application fee to the Nursing Office. Materials may be mailed to of Nursing Office, Tarleton State University, Box T-0500, Stephenville, TX, 76402. Or submitted to the Southwest Metroplex Center Fort Worth location in person or by mail.
Applications submitted after the deadline or without the application fee (cashier's check or money order only) will not be considered.
Department of Nursing Address
Department of Nursing
Stephenville, Texas 76402
254-968-9139 (General Office Number)
Southwest Metroplex Center (Fort Worth)
Tarleton State University
H. Hickman Building Suite 500
6777 Camp Bowie Blvd
Fort Worth, TX, 76116.
817-732-7300 (General Office Number)