The application process begins by applying online (through Apply Texas) to the College of Graduate Studies at Tarleton State University.
Admission requirements to the College of Graduate Studies and the Department of Nursing must be met.
College of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements
To be granted full admission to the Graduate School, the applicant must have (from College of Graduate Studies Admission Requirements):
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. institution (or equivalent from a foreign institution)
- At least a 3.0 GPA on the last 60 hours of completed coursework
- Completed graduate application with essay and $30 fee
- Submitted GRE or MAT scores (GRE is generally preferred)
- Submitted all official transcripts
- Satisfied other applicable program prerequisites
Department of Nursing Admission Requirements
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing from an accredited National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) program of nursing
- Hold a current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States and be eligible for unencumbered licensure in Texas. Proof of unencumbered current Texas license must be demonstrated by the start of course work.
- Basic statistics course with grade of “C” or better
- 3 letters of recommendation* (a Reference Form is available from the website www.tarleton.edu/nursing)
- Resume *
- International students to have one year experience as a registered nurse (RN) in the United States
Deadline: May 1st to start in the fall APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED! Still accepting applications for Fall 2013.
December 1st to start in the spring
*Letters of recommendation and resume to be submitted to:
Susan M. Rugari, PhD, RN, CNS
Department of Nursing
Stephenville, Texas 76402
Webpage updated 5/2/13 DON Criteria approved 3/28/12 Revisions 9/19/12 SMR