Using The Facility
The TSU Accelerator Facility is available for use by any educational and industrial group provided that the following three requirements are met:
- the facility is not already committed to another project
- the mission of the proposed project is within the objective's of TSU and the Texas A&M University System
- the facility and faculty are capable of performing the project.
Tours of the facility can be arranged by contacting Dr. Daniel K. Marble.
Since the TSU accelerator is operated as a user facility, there are several different ways in which members outside the Department of Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering at TSU can obtain either accelerator beam time or ion beam analysis.
- The facility provides educational laboratory experiences to high school students for free as part of its commitment to science education.
- Access to the facility is primarily provided through the development of collaborative funded research and education projects with TSU Engineering Physics Faculty.
- Industrial users can also purchase IBA analysis - Costs are based upon customers requirements for data acquisition (costs include beam time usage, accelerator operator time, etc) and data analysis.
It is suggested that users contact Dr. Marble to discuss your particular needs. We are always glad to perform a free analysis of a sample to determine if we can provide the analysis that you will require.
TSU'S Present Accelerator Beamtime and Operator Charge - $500 per day
This is considerably less than other facilities: State University of New York at Albany - 1998 Accelerator Beamtime Rates ($1,050 + Operator)