Internship: Your First Year of Teaching
During the year-long internship, an intern is
- employed by the district;
- paid as a first year teacher;
- eligible for benefits;
- reported as the teacher-of-record for retirement purposes;
- teaches with a Probationary Certificate; and
- enrolled in an internship course in both the fall and spring semesters.
Principals interested in hiring a TMATE intern may request a password to access all available intern resumes and cover letters. To request a password call the TMATE office, 817-717-3690, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.