Tarleton State University Department of Curriculum & Instruction
The mission of the Department of Curriculum & Instruction is to prepare individuals to become self-directed professionals who have a systemic understanding of education in America and specifically Texas and to provide leadership through scholarship, and service to the extended community and professionals.
Congratulations to our Spring 2014 Student Teachers!
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -Gandhi
Fall 2014 Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Interdisciplinary Studies Majors
- EC – 6 Generalist with ESL
- 4 – 8 Middle School
- All Level Special Education with EC – 6 Generalist with ESL
Applying to the Fall 2014 Tarleton Teacher Education Program
- September 22nd – Monday
- Deadline to complete “Request for Degree Evaluation and Certificate Plan”
- Turn in form to Brenda Strong, EDU 320, ASAP. Forms will not be accepted past the deadline.
- After completing and submitting the request form,
- Schedule an appointment with assigned advisor to complete checklist (check advisor’s office door for list of students)
- Last day to sign up for departmental screening process in EDU 320 (interview and writing sample)
- Deadline for Fall 2014 semester Tarleton Teacher Education Applications. Submit applications to MATH 101
Departmental Screening Dates (Interview and Writing Sample):
Stephenville - Tuesday and Wednesday, October 7th & 8th
Southwest Metroplex - Thursday and Friday, October 9th & 10th
Waco - Friday, October 10th