The undergraduate Sports Medicine program is no longer available. The Department of Kinesiology is proposing to transition to an Entry-Level Master's of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT). Additional information on program changes will be available Summer 2015 following program approval.
The Tarleton Sports Medicine Program provides quality educational opportunities, including academic and clinical experiences, needed to pursue a career in Athletic Training in Texas. The Sports Medicine Program is a specialization within the Department of Kinesiology at Tarleton State University. The program leads to a B.S. in Kinesiology and meets all requirements necessary for students to be eligible for Athletic Training Licensure through the Advisory Board of Athletic Trainers and the Texas Department of State Health Services. A Master of Science in Kinesiology / Sports Medicine is also available for the Graduate Assistant.
Athletic Training Domains
- Prevention of Athletic Injuries / Illnesses
- Evaluation and Recognition of Athletic Injuries / Illnesses and Medical Referral
- First Aid and Emergency Care
- Rehabilitation and Reconditioning of Athletic Injuries
- Organization and Administration
- Counseling and Guidance