The undergraduate Sports Medicine program is no longer available. In May 2015, the TAMUS Board of Regents and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board approved the creation of the Entry-Level Master's of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT). The MSAT program will begin Summer 2016. More information on the MSAT will be available Fall 2015.
The Tarleton Sports Medicine Program provides quality educational opportunities, including academic and clinical experiences, needed to pursue a career in Athletic Training. The Sports Medicine Program is a specialization within the Department of Kinesiology at Tarleton State University. A Master of Science in Kinesiology / Sports Medicine is also available for the Graduate Assistant.
Athletic Training Domains
- Prevention of Athletic Injuries / Illnesses
- Evaluation and Recognition of Athletic Injuries / Illnesses and Medical Referral
- First Aid and Emergency Care
- Rehabilitation and Reconditioning of Athletic Injuries
- Organization and Administration
- Counseling and Guidance