High school students who want to attend Tarleton State ROTC upon graduation should go to: http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/high_school_students.jsp and submit an ROTC scholarship application prior to December 01st of their senior year. High school juniors may also begin the application process after May 1st.
General eligibility requirements are the following:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school CGPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score minimum of 920 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Pass an Army Physical Fitness Test
- Pass a Department of Defense Physical Exam
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (U.S. Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
The most competitive candidates for an Army ROTC Four-Year Scholarship will have at least an SAT score of 1100 or an ACT score of 24.
Students who miss the deadline for submission of their scholarship application can still apply for a 4 year scholarship by working directly with the cadre of Tarleton State ROTC during their admissions process to the University. Simply contact us at 254-968-9188 or e-mail rotc@Tarleton.edu to see if you are eligible.