M.S. Counseling Psychology - Licensed Professional Counselor
Advising Guide: M.S. - Counseling Psychology - LPC 10-11
Internship or Practicum: Which one do I take?
- Licensed Professional Counselor students (M.S. - Counseling Psychology) take PSY 5305 - Practicum I and PSY 5384 - Practicum II
Internship and Practicum: How many hours of field placement are required?
- Licensed Professional Counselor students (M.S. - Counseling Psychology) 160 clock hours for PSY 5305 and 160 clock hours for PSY 5384
Don't forget - you must submit a new application to the department office each semester you wish to be in practicum or internship
- Deadline for a fall practicum/internship: July 1st
- Deadline for a spring practicum/internship: November 1st
- Deadline for a summer practicum/internship: April 1st
The deadline for submission of all paperwork at the end of the semester is 5:00 pm on the Monday of finals week. You may turn in your paperwork earlier if you finish your practicum or internship before then.