Dr. Wendell Sadler
- B.S. Campbellsville College, 1976
- M.Ed. Baylor University, 1977
- Ed.D Texas A&M University, 1987
Prior to joining the Tarleton family, Dr. Sadler was an assistant professor at the University of South Dakota, an instructor at Temple Junior College, and a lecturer at Texas A&M University in College Station. He also served as a teacher and coach in the Bryan, Texarkana, and Big Spring school districts.
Before he coached tennis at all competitive levels, Dr. Sadler played four years of college tennis for Campbellsville College from 1972 to 1976. Among his athletic honors, Dr. Sadler was inducted into the Texas Tennis Coaches Association Hall of Fame as a coach in 2000 and into the Campbellsville University Athletic Hall of Fame as an athlete in 1997. He was also the recipient of the O.A. Grant Teaching Award in 2009 and the Barry B. Thompson Service Award in 2014.
Dr. Sadler was born in Indiana, but has lived most of his life in Texas after initially relocating for graduate school at Baylor. He is active in the Texas State Guard and has earned the rank of major. He currently resides in Stephenville and enjoys Indy Car races and driving his Corvette in his spare time.
In 2004, Dr. Sadler was President of the Texas Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance. He was the first recipient of the TAHPERD Trailblazer Award in 2008.
Dr. Wendell Sadler
- Foundations (KINE 2300)
- Motor Behavior (KINE 3330)
- Organization and Administration (KINE 4370)
- Motor Learning (KINE 5340)
- Seminar (KINE 5385)
Quotes to Live By
An education is the greatest gift anybody can give to themselves.
- W. Sadler
- 2014 recipient of the Barry B. Thompson Service Award (College of Education)
- 2012 recipient of the TAMUS Student Recognition Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2009 recipient of the O.A. Grant Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2008 recipient of the TAHPERD Trailblazer Award
- 2006 recipient of the Faculty Excellence in Scholarship Award (College of Education)
- 2005 recipient of the Adjutant General's Individual Achievement Award (Texas National Guard)
- 2004 President of TAHPERD
- 2000 inductee into the Texas Tennis Coaches Association Hall of Fame
- 1998 recipient of the TAHPERD Honor Award
- 1997 inductee into the Campbellsville University Athletic Hall of Fame
Why is Kinesiology Important?
It is the foundation of our being, our existence. When I'm on my last day, my last few minutes, I won't be worrying about my checkbook balance, rather is my life checkbook balanced?