TIMS - Standard
- Go to http://tea.texas.gov and click on TEAL Login at the top. Log in and click on Educator.
- Once you have updated your profile information as necessary, choose “Applications” on the left hand side menu. Then choose “STANDARD CERTIFICATE TEXAS PROGRAM.”
- A series of questions will be asked. Please answer the questions honestly. If you have any questions on how to answer, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400.
- On the application, it will ask for Recommending Entity. If you do not select the correct entity, we will not be able to process your application.
Please choose Tarleton State University (UNIVERSITY BASED).
- It will also ask: subject applying for. Please type in your certification field(s) here.
- At the end of the application, you will be given the chance to pay for your certificate ($77.00). You can also return to this screen at any time after applying by logging into your account, choosing Application Status, and then Pay Online Now.
- The typical process for certification is as follows:
- Student applies and pays online with TEA and submits fingerprints
- Student receives system-generated email acknowledging application
- Entity recommends student for certification once all requirements are met
- Student receives system-generated email stating they have been recommended
- TEA runs criminal background check on student
- Applicant is certified if check is clear
- Before Tarleton State University can recommend a student for certification, the following must be verified:
- Student must complete all coursework on certificate plan and meet requirements for retention in the Teacher Education Program.
- Student must have a bachelors degree posted.
- Student must pass all required tests.
- Some Key Points to remember
- You are applying for a STANDARD certificate.
- Recommending entity is TSU – UNIVERSITY BASED.
- Subject applying for is your certificate area.
- Use an email address that you will have access to after you are no longer enrolled at Tarleton. If you do not receive an email after you apply, check your junk mail filter.
- This application will only be for the certificate areas you completed at Tarleton while in the Teacher Education Program. Once you are a certified teacher, you may challenge a classroom-based TExES exam. If you pass, you will need to apply for another certificate, choosing “Additional Certification by Examination” as the type of application.
All questions about your application should be directed to TEA at (512) 936-8400. You can also reach them by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on their homepage.
If you have applied and want to check on the status of your application, please feel free to contact Allison Andrews at 254-968-9815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.