Program Information can be found on the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies website.
Students must meet all university and program requirements, submit a copy of their service record to Educator Preparation Services, and the Certification Office must verify the following before a student will be recommended for certification online:
- Successful in passing all TExES tests required
- Valid Texas teaching certificate
- Required degree for certificate is conferred
- Completion of all program requirements, including completions of all course work on Certificate Plan
- Two years of classroom teaching verified by a teacher service record
- Go to http://www.tea.state.tx.us and click on Educator Login, then choose Login to TEAL Log in and click on Educator.
- Once you have updated your profile information as necessary, choose “Applications” on the left hand side menu. Then choose “STANDARD CERTIFICATE TEXAS PROGRAM.”
- A series of questions will be asked. Please answer the questions honestly. If you have any questions on how to answer, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400.
- On the application, it will ask for Recommending Entity. If you do not select the correct entity, we will not be able to process your application.
Please choose Tarleton State University (University Based).
- It will also ask: subject applying for. Please type in “Principal”.
- At the end of the application, you will be given the chance to pay for your certificate ($77.00). You can also return to this screen at any time after applying by logging into your account, choosing Application Status, and then Pay Online Now.
If you have any questions concerning the application, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400. You can also reach them by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on their homepage.
If you have applied and want to check on the status of your application, please feel free to contact Allison Andrews at 254-968-9815 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dr. Pam Winn at email@example.com