Program Information can be found on the Educational Leadership and Policy Studies website.
Before Tarleton State University can recommend a student for a probationary certificate, the student must submit all required documents to Dr. Russ Higham. Documents include, but are not exclusive to:
- Letter of Intent to Hire
- Teacher Service Record showing at least two years of classroom teaching
- Proof of enrollment in an internship
Applying Online for Your Probationary Certification
- Go to https://pryor.tea.state.tx.us/. Log in and click on Educator.
- Once you have logged in and updated your profile information as necessary, choose Applications on the left hand side menu. Then choose PROBATIONARY CERTIFICATE.
- A series of questions will be asked. Please answer the questions honestly. If you have any questions on how to answer, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400.
- On the application, it will ask for Recommending Entity. If you do not select the correct entity, we will not be able to process your application.
Please choose Tarleton State University (Post Baccalaureate).
- It will also ask: subject applying for. Please type in “Principal”
- At the end of the application, you will be given the chance to pay for your certificate ($52.00). You can also return to this screen at any time after applying by logging into your account, choosing Application Status, and then Pay Online Now.
If you have any questions concerning the application, please contact TEA at (512) 936-8400. You can also reach them by email by clicking on the “Contact Us” link on their homepage.
If you have applied and want to check on the status of your application, please feel free to contact Allison Andrews at 254-968-9815 or firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dr. Russ Higham at 254-968-9666.