Our mission is to provide you with a relevant, research-based curriculum that develops your capacity for leadership through mastery of knowledge, effective communication, collaboration, inquiry, and decision-making that ensures learner success.
Specifically, our goals are to provide you with:
- Knowledge of research-based curriculum and instruction best practices. In other words, we seek to prepare you to identify, evaluate, and investigate best practice in the field of curriculum and instruction.
- Application of curriculum and instruction best practice. In other words, we seek to prepare you to apply best practice curriculum and instruction knowledge to classroom and instructional leadership.
- Communication of best practices in curriculum and instruction to professional audiences. In other words, we seek to prepare you to effectively communicate to educational professionals best practices in the field of curriculum and instruction.
Our M.Ed. program is designed to engage you with a knowledgeable and respected faculty who present content in a way that is relevant and meaningful. You'll form long-lasting relationships with peers to broaden your skill-sets and expand opportunities in your career.
The nine concentration areas within the program are customized with your career goals and aspirations in mind, and the coursework can be completed in as little as 18-months or as long as six years. You'll have a variety of course formats to choose from, whether it's a fully online course, a hybrid course, or a face-to-face course. Further, courses can be taken at our Stephenville, Waco or Fort Worth campuses.
Earn your 30-hour M.Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction with nine different concentrations to choose from. The following concentrations are offered at the Stephenville, Waco, and Fort Worth campuses:
- Educational Diagnostician
- Elementary Education
- Instructional Leadership
- Professional Reading Specialist
- Secondary Education
- Special Education
- Instructional Design and Technology
- Technology Applications
- Technology Director
Non-Degree Certification Program
Earn your certification in one of two options, offered at the Stephenville, Waco, and Fort Worth campuses. Note: these options are for certification only, and require less credit hours than the full M.Ed.
- Educational Diagnostician
- Master Reading Teacher
Teacher Certification + M.ED. Program (TMATE)
The TMATE year-long Texas Teaching certification program is a collaborative effort consisting of graduate coursework competed at Tarleton State University and teaching in area school districts. Coursework is offered at our Fort Worth and Killeen campuses.
All TMATE interns are accepted into the Curriculum and Instruction Master’s degree program. After certification requirements are completed, TMATE interns may complete the master of education degree in curriculum and instruction degree requirements: