Clinical Exercise Research Facility
Commit to be fit...
- Are you thinking about starting and exercise program, but are unsure where to start?
- Are you an athlete in training needing individualized evaluations on lactate threshold, body fat, or VO2 max?
- Are you trying to lose weight, but don’t know how to incorporate a safe and effective exercise regimen into your weight loss program?
- Do you want to improve your quality of life by increasing your current level of physical activity, but you’re unsure about what a safe and effective level is to start?
The Clinical Exercise and Research Facility (CERF) can help you with all of these needs and more.
Mission and Objectives
The Research Center (CERF), in the Department of Kinesiology at Tarleton State University, is committed to improving the quality and quantity of life for Stephenville and the surrounding communities by providing comprehensive health and fitness evaluations and programs through teaching, research, extension, and continuing education.
The primary objective of CERF is training students for professions in clinical, corporate, and research settings in exercise science as well as other allied health professions. A secondary objective is to provide services that are comprehensive, cost effective, and satisfactory in meeting the needs of the client.
Our focus is to provide exercise and lifestyle evaluations for individuals of all ages needing assessments for purposes of, but not limited to:
- Beginning a safe and effective exercise program
- Obtaining an individualized exercise prescription
- Initiating and maintaining fitness goals
- Initiating and maintaining weight loss goals
- Initiating and maintaining positive life-style changes
Each of the following services may be purchased in various package options or individually, depending on individual needs. Clients may be self-referred or referred from their primary care physician.
For services offered, please see our testing services page.
Hours and Pricing
The Clinical Exercise and Research Facility is open year round and is located on South campus in Kinesiology, Room 175. Appointments can be made by calling 254-968-9376. Appointment times and prices depend on services provided.
Our staff consists of American College of Sports MedicineSM Certified exercise physiologists and undergraduate and graduate exercise science students, trained in clinical exercise evaluation and prescription. We also provide physician and paramedic supervision of exercise tests, if necessary.
All staff are American Heart Association BLS® certified and several are American Heart Association ACLS® certified.