Students who are enrolled in computer information systems courses are eligible to receive free software to assist in the completion of course assignments. The software offered is as follows:
- Dreamspark/ Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN). Through the department membership in the Microsoft Academic Alliance, software is available for CIS majors and students who are enrolled in CIS courses. This software includes Visio, Visual Studio, .NET applications, and Windows operating systems. In order to access the software, you must have a username/password to access the site. Microsoft DreamSpark. All CIS majors receive an email with their username and instructions on registering for software. Should you have questions, please contact the department secretary, Deidra Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 968-9047.
- Oracle Software Oracle database software is available for CIS students through Tarleton's membership in the Oracle Academic Alliance. Please contact your professor.
- American Marketing Association (AMA) - Ms. Linda LaMarca
- Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) - Mr. Art Dearing
- Book information can be found at the Class Schedule. Enter the semester you are interested in, find you class and the book info is at the bottom of each entry