Return to Top
Now that you have graduated
Now that you have graduated, you are ready to APPLY for your Associate Wildlife Biologist certification with The Wildlife Society.
How do I do that?
- Visit The Wildlife Society website: www.wildlife.org. Click on Certification, then click on Associate Wildlife Biologist.
- Download a Certification Application. Be sure to download and read the Program for Certification of Professional Wildlife Biologists.
- If you have any questions about filling out the form, you may download the Guide to completing the Certification Application.
Things you should know about applying for certification:
- You will need three wildlife biologists to serve as references for you. They must be familiar with your academic background and should be Certified Wildlife Biologists if possible. For a list of Certified Wildlife Biologists in Texas click here.
- If you are a member of The Wildlife Society during the year you apply, you get a reduction in fee for application (for 2014 $90 versus $300). For The Wildlife Society membership information click here.
- If you apply for certification within 6 months of graduation or 6 months within completing course requirements you get a reduction in fee for application (for 2014 $20 reduction for members and $50 reduction for nonmembers).
- You will need one original application and official transcript and five copies of application and transcripts. You must highlight the place on your transcript that indicates degree conferral.
- You should have results from your application within 6 months
Resources for completing application: