Admission into the BAS in Veterinary Technology Program is contingent upon successful enrollment into Tarleton State University. We will be unable to review your Veterinary Technology application until you have been admitted to Tarleton. The Admissions department can be reached at 1-800-687-8236 or (254) 968-9353 or on the Admissions website. In addition to meeting Tarleton's admission requirements, the following items must be completed and submitted to the Veterinary Technology Department before final acceptance.
- Application to the BAS in Veterinary Technology program. Applications should be completed at least 8 weeks before the start of the term in which you plan to attend. Additional questions can be directed to (254) 968-9259.
- Completion of the Background Experience Form within veterinary medicine or a related field. (This is part of the online application.)
- Schedule a Veterinary Technology Program interview and advising consultation. (We will contact you once we review your application.)
- Graduates must be from an institution accredited by the AVMA-CVTEA and must post a minimum GPA of 2.60 and be in good academic standing at the time of application.
- Students are required to be computer literate and versed in the Blackboard 9.1 learning management system. The online Blackboard Learning Tutorial is available free of charge prior to beginning your course work. A reliable and efficient internet service provider is essential.
- Students must be prepared to work online and have the initiative, motivation, perseverance, and resourcefulness to work independently.
- Students are encouraged to simultaneously complete their general education and/or support courses. Refer to the Undergraduate Catalog for general education course prerequisites.
- Transfer Equivalency Guides are available for each program offered at Tarleton State University.
- The student is responsible for having all official transcripts sent to:
Tarleton State University
Stephenville, TX 76402
Additional information can be obtained from the Transfer Admissions website or by calling (254) 968-9353 or (800) 687-8236.
Registration & Fee Schedules
Registration, distance learning fees, and associated course fees can be estimated using the online Tuition Calculator. An interactive guide is available to assist in understanding all related financial requirements. Additional information can be obtained by calling the Office of Business Services at (254) 968-9107.
Residence is satisfied only by official enrollment in and completion of course work applied toward the degree requirements.
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of work counted toward the degree must be completed with Tarleton. The work completed at Tarleton and counted toward the degree must include at least 24 advanced hours (300 or 400 level) and 12 of these advanced hours must be in the major subject.
- A maximum of 68 semester hours of academic credit will be accepted for degree credit from a two-year institution.
Writing Proficiency Requirements
All students are required to satisfy the Writing Proficiency Requirement as a condition for the baccalaureate degree. All students must satisfy the Writing Proficiency Requirement through the Writing Intensive Program.
Writing Intensive Program
To satisfy this requirement, students must have credit for four writing intensive (WI) courses. Two of these four courses must be upper level WI courses within the major or designed for the degree plan. The remaining WI requirement should be met through general education courses. The two general education-level courses should be Freshman Composition.