Spanish Immersion - Burgos, Spain
6 hours Credit
Earn six credit hours in SPAN 200, 300, or 400 level courses as determined by program director
July 5, 2014 - August 3, 2014
- Total Spanish language and culture immersion consisting of four weeks study abroad in Burgos during the 2014 summer. The study of the Spanish language will be at intermediate or advanced level, as determined by the individual student's previous completion of Beginning I & II Spanish or higher level courses in conjunction with local placement assessments.
- Students will significantly improve their oral skills in Spanish in both listening comprehension and oral production, as well as develop an appreciation for Spanish culture through living and studying that culture.
- Accommodation with full room and board (breakfast, lunch and dinner) at one of the Residence Halls of the University of Burgos. This will allow students to interact with both Spanish and international students on a day to day basis.
- Advanced Spanish majors or students with an advanced proficiency language level will be able to complete a program of study in conjunction with either the Universidad de Burgos or the Instituto de la Lengua Castellana based on the students’ need and the suggestions of the faculty leader.
- Students of different majors will have the opportunity to observe and compare practices in Spain regarding their field of interest.
View Larger Map
$4,500. Includes airfare, complete room, board, scheduled class excursions. Does not include tuition and fees.
$1,500 - 11/14/2013
$1,500 - 11/21/2013
$1,500 - 03/03/2014
Contact Program Director:
Dr. Ivelisse Urban